The Essex Region of the British Woodcarvers Association (BWA) hosted this iconic “must enter” event in 2012 and 2013. The carvings by BWA members will compete with each other for a splendid trophy and great prizes of vouchers donated by Classic Hand Tools worth £500 for the winner £300 for second and £200 for third place.
At the 2013 event the total number of members of the public who visited the competition and helped us by casting their votes was a massive 1592 beating the previous year by nearly 300. The public interest in woodcarving is growing which is very encouraging and heart warming to us members of the BWA.
In order to encourage as many BWA members as possible to enter this year we have once more kept the rules simple and minimal:-
- Only BWA members may submit entries to the competiton.
- There is NO submission fee/s for your carving/s.
- There are NO restrictions on size, subject or number of entries per member.
- Your entry/entries MUST have been completed in the two years leading up to the show.
- Your entry must not have been entered in this event previously.
- Please ensure that you state if your carving makes use of someone else’s design or is a copy of someone else’s carving. This is so that we can give appropriate credit (for the design) if we use a photograph of your carving in any publicity material.
We very much hope you are able to attend the show which you will enjoy and is very much worth the effort of travelling a distance to join in the fun. You will then be able to bring your wonderful creations with you, to submit them and be part of the event.
If you intend to submit entries for the competition, which will be just as tastefully presented as in 2013 and fully protected during the period of the show, you need to arrive with your carvings by 9.00am on the 12th September. (If you have to travel a distance and arrive late your submission will not be rejected but you may, of course, miss out in the voting process)
If you wish to enter but are unable to attend the show we can arrange to receive postal entries and ensure their safekeeping and ultimately return them to you after the event. If you have any questions regarding postal entries or indeed the competition in general please contact either:-